Unit 62. a car / some money (countable / uncountable 2)
(исчисляемые и неисчисляемые существительные 2)
See Unit 61 a car / some money (countable / uncountable 1)
a/an and some
Many nouns are sometimes countable and sometimes uncountable.
Be careful with these words - they are usually uncountable in English:
bread weather information advice hair furniture paper news
- I'm going to buy some bread (or a loaf of bread). (not 'a bread')
- It's nice weather today. (not 'It's a nice weather')
- I need some information about hotels in London.
- They have some very nice furniture in their house. (not 'furnitures')
- She's got long hair. (not 'long hairs')
- I want to make a list. Can you give me some paper (or a piece of paper / a sheet of paper)? (not 'a paper' - 'a paper' = a newspaper)
- I've just had some good news about my holiday. (not 'a good news')
See Unit 59 a/an
See Unit 70 some anyхостинг для сайтов © Langust Agency 1999-2022, ссылка на сайт обязательна