Unit 5. I do/ work/ like etc. (Present Simple)
(спряжение глаголов в простом настоящем времени)
|They have a lot of books.
They read a lot.
|He's eating an ice-cream.
He likes ice-cream.
They read/ I like/ he likes etc. = The Present Simple
|-es after -s/ -ch/ -sh||pass → pases||watch → watches||finish → finishes|
|also:||do → does||go → goes|
|study → studies||carry → carries|
We use the Present Simple for things that are true in general, or for things that happen sometimes or all the time:
- I like big cities.
- The shops open at 9 o'clock and close at 5:30.
- He works very hard. He starts at 7:30 and finishes at 8 o'clock in the evening.
- The Earth goes round the Sun.
- We do a lot of different things in our free time.
- She's very clever. She speaks four languages.
- It costs a lot of money to stay at luxury hotels.
We use the Present Simple with always/ never/ often/ sometimes/ usually:
- He always gets up at 7 o'clock.
- I usually go to work by car but I sometimes walk.
- Jack eats very little. He never has breakfast in the morning.
- The weather here is not very good. It often rains.
See Unit 6. I don't … (Present Simple negative)
See Unit 7. Do you …? (Present Simple questions)
See Unit 8. I am doing (Present Continuous) and I do (Present Simple)
See Unit 88. Word order (2) хостинг для сайтов © Langust Agency 1999-2023, ссылка на сайт обязательна