Unit 12. I was doing (Past Continuous)
(прошедшее продолженное время)
|Now it is 6 o'clock.
Sarah is at home.
She is watching television.
At 4 o'clock she wasn't at home.
She was at the sports club.
She was playing tennis.
She wasn't watching television.
was/ were -ing (doing/ playing/ working etc.) is the Past Continuous tense:
- What were you doing at 11.30 yesterday? I was working.
- What did he say? I don't know. I wasn't listening.
- It was raining, so we didn't go out.
- In 1980 they were living in Canada.
- Today she's wearing a skirt, but yesterday she was wearing trousers.
- I woke up early yesterday. It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining and the birds were singing.
am/ is/ are -ing (Present) - was/ were -ing (Past):
|- I'm working (now).
- It isn't raining (now).
- What are you doing (now)?
|I was working at 10.30 last night.
It wasn't raining when we went out.
What were you doing at 3 o'clock?
See Unit 13. I was doing (Past Continuous) and I did (Past Simple) хостинг для сайтов © Langust Agency 1999-2019, ссылка на сайт обязательна